- APRIL 25, 2017: AL ZORAH ANNOUNCES THE OFFICIAL OPENING OF MARINA 1 AT ARABIAN TRAVEL MARKET, 2017
- APRIL 11, 2017: RULER OF AJMAN TOURS THE OBEROI BEACH RESORT, AL ZORAH
- OCTOBER 6, 2016: AL ZORAH INKS AGREEMENT WITH THE LIFECO TO INTRODUCE THE FIRST WELLNESS RETREAT IN THE GCC
- SEPTEMBER 4, 2016 - AL ZORAH TO SHOWCASE MAJOR DEVELOPMENT UPDATES AT CITYSCAPE GLOBAL 2016
- 4 JULY, 2016 - THE OBEROI, AL ZORAH WELCOMES MR. BURKHARD WOLTER AS GENERAL MANAGER OF LUXURIOUS COASTAL PROPERTY
- JUNE 14, 2016 - MEMBERS OF EMIRATES YOUTH COUNCIL HOLD ‘YOUTH CIRCLES’ WORKSHOP IN AL ZORAH TO DRIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE UAE
- MAY 28, 2016 - AL ZORAH’S PHASE ONE PROJECTS ON SCHEDULE FOR COMPLETION BY END-2016
- APRIL 27, 2016 - HIGH-PROFILE JAPANESE DELEGATION EXPLORES INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN AL ZORAH
- MARCH 4, 2016 - AL ZORAH IN THE SPOTLIGHT AT AJMAN INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT CONFERENCE 2016
- FEBRUARY 7, 2016 - AL ZORAH GOLF CLUB HONOURED WITH DEVELOPMENT OF THE YEAR NOMINATION
- FEBRUARY 3, 2016 - AL ZORAH WELCOMES OVER 150 STUDENTS ON ‘WORLD WETLANDS DAY’
- AL ZORAH MOVIE
- DECEMBER 9, 2015 - SHEIKH HUMAID BIN RASHID AL NUAIMI INAUGURATES NICKLAUS-DESIGN AL ZORAH GOLF CLUB
- DECEMBER 9, 2015 - AL ZORAH HOSTS MARINA EXPERTS
- NOVEMBER 19, 2015 - EUROPE'S RYDER CUP CAPTAIN, DARREN CLARKE, PLAYS AL ZORAH GOLF CLUB
- OCTOBER 25, 2015 - AJMAN RULER VISITS 540HA AL ZORAH DEVELOPMENT
- SEPTEMBER 8, 2015 - AL ZORAH UNVEILS TWO NEW EXCLUSIVE COMMUNITIES
- JULY 12, 2015 - AL ZORAH TO BRING AJMANI ARABIC F&B BRAND, THANANI, TO LIFE
- MAY 21, 2015 - HIGH-PROFILE LEBANESE TRADE DELEGATION TOURS AL ZORAH
- APRIL 7, 2015 - AL ZORAH’S PREMIUM GOLF VILLAS LAUNCHED
- MARCH 15, 2015 - AL ZORAH RECEIVES TOP ACCOLADE
- MARCH 3, 2015 - AL ZORAH INVESTS OVER AED 500 MILLION IN INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
- SEPTEMBER 20, 2014 - AL ZORAH, UAE’S PREMIER LIFESTYLE AND TOURISTIC DESTINATION HIGHLIGHTS LUXURIOUS ‘GOLF VILLAS’
- SEPTEMBER 16, 2014 - ‘LIVING COMES NATURALLY’
Ajman, UAE; 9 December, 2015: Al Zorah Golf Club, the Middle East’s newest championship golf course – and the first in the United Arab Emirates for over six years – was inaugurated by His Highness Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Ruler of Ajman and Supreme Council Member, at the UAE’s latest lifestyle destination, as royalty, government officials and some of the region’s top golfers looked on.
The inauguration ceremony was also attended by Sheikh Rashid bin Humaid Al Nuaimi, Chairman of Al Zorah Development Company and Nasser Chammaa, Chairman of Solidere International.
The beautifully landscaped Nicklaus Design, 18-hole, championship golf course, operated and managed by USA-based Troon Golf, which is nestled in over two million square metres of natural mangroves, is expected to be a major attraction as it is weaved into Al Zorah’s larger residential, hospitality, lifestyle and leisure community spread over 5.4 million square metres. Al Zorah is a partnership between the Government of Ajman and Solidere International.
Sheikh Rashid bin Humaid Al Nuaimi, Chairman, Al Zorah Development Company, said: “Today, Ajman has been put on the world’s golfing map, as one of the most challenging-for-professionals yet fun-for-amateurs golf course as we will offer a superior experience, not just from a sporting perspective but also from an aesthetic and leisure viewpoint.
“The golf course is just one of the many experiences we are offering at Al Zorah. From today, players from around the region, and the world, can make the most of this remarkable course, which is unique for its setting and integration into a bustling seaside community.”
Visitors will soon be able to use the first of four marinas, followed by the Golf Villas, and the five-star Oberoi Al Zorah beach resort in 2016. The construction of Golf Villas, all overlooking the golf course, is nearing completion; homes will be ready for residents to move in by mid-2016, when the neighbourhood, and the ready golf course at the heart of it, will be truly alive.
When complete, Al Zorah will be a mixed-use residential, commercial and lifestyle development along 12 kms of waterfront, and 1.6 kms of sandy beaches, in addition to the golf club.
The golf club is located within Al Zorah’s Fairways district, a naturally preserved environment of native sandy areas and mangroves. Consisting of residential neighbourhoods, a community centre, and the golf club, the district is unique to the area for its large green spaces alongside luxury homes with modern sporting and leisure facilities. The par-72, 18-hole landscaped green has extensive practice facilities, and is crafted with generous fairways and wide corridors around two large lakes that enrich the challenge of the course and enhance its variety and playability.
The Clubhouse will feature a state of the art gymnasium, a restaurant with beautiful views over the golf course, a swimming pool, a children’s pool, coffee shop, multipurpose conference room and a youth club. The temporary fully-equipped clubhouse is located within Al Zorah’s iconic sales centre, The Pavilion.
Nasser Chammaa, Chairman, Solidere International, said: “Solidere International is proud to be spearheading the development of this wonderful project at Al Zorah, and indeed, the Nicklaus Design Al Zorah Golf Club I am confident will be enjoyed by all. At Solidere International, we are known for creating refined ‘Places for Life’. We have a reputation for developing unique projects in select markets and Al Zorah in Ajman is now an addition to our exciting portfolio.”
Imad Dana, CEO, Al Zorah Development Company, said: “The Government of Ajman’s support to Al Zorah has been crucial to the progress of the project and we are truly grateful for it. The spectacular golf course will add a sense of serenity for Al Zorah’s residents and visitors. H.H. Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi’s visit emphasises the importance of this destination which will eventually transform Ajman into a lifestyle and business destination for those who seek the finest in life.”
Featuring pristinely manicured fairways and greens, the exceptionally-welcoming and breathtaking Al Zorah Golf Club provides members and visitors with a one-of-a-kind golfing experience set in sheer tranquillity. Vast coastal areas with a constantly-changing tidal system also present a unique challenge for players, altering the look and feel of particularly the back-9 on an hourly basis. Thanks to the partnership with Troon Golf, those playing at Al Zorah Golf Club can expect not only a world-class golf course, but also impeccable service and hospitality for the duration of their visit.
Al Zorah Golf Club is one of Al Zorah’s many natural entities with a carefully defined character, and connected via parks, public spaces, and shaded paths and promenades, resulting in a sustainable and cohesive lifestyle destination. The facility is unique for its setting and its strategic location, 25 minutes from Dubai International Airport and 15 minutes from Sharjah International Airport.
The Al Zorah site has been designated a Freehold and Free Zone site by the Government of Ajman which makes the land available to owners who wish to reside in any of the beautiful villas and townhomes currently being developed along the golf course. For membership enquiries or further information on Al Zorah Golf Club, contact Darren King on 800AZGOLF (domestic) or +971 6 70 14 783 (international) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.alzorahgolfclub.ae