- APRIL 25, 2017: AL ZORAH ANNOUNCES THE OFFICIAL OPENING OF MARINA 1 AT ARABIAN TRAVEL MARKET, 2017
- APRIL 11, 2017: RULER OF AJMAN TOURS THE OBEROI BEACH RESORT, AL ZORAH
- OCTOBER 6, 2016: AL ZORAH INKS AGREEMENT WITH THE LIFECO TO INTRODUCE THE FIRST WELLNESS RETREAT IN THE GCC
- SEPTEMBER 4, 2016 - AL ZORAH TO SHOWCASE MAJOR DEVELOPMENT UPDATES AT CITYSCAPE GLOBAL 2016
- 4 JULY, 2016 - THE OBEROI, AL ZORAH WELCOMES MR. BURKHARD WOLTER AS GENERAL MANAGER OF LUXURIOUS COASTAL PROPERTY
- JUNE 14, 2016 - MEMBERS OF EMIRATES YOUTH COUNCIL HOLD ‘YOUTH CIRCLES’ WORKSHOP IN AL ZORAH TO DRIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE UAE
- MAY 28, 2016 - AL ZORAH’S PHASE ONE PROJECTS ON SCHEDULE FOR COMPLETION BY END-2016
- APRIL 27, 2016 - HIGH-PROFILE JAPANESE DELEGATION EXPLORES INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN AL ZORAH
- MARCH 4, 2016 - AL ZORAH IN THE SPOTLIGHT AT AJMAN INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT CONFERENCE 2016
- FEBRUARY 7, 2016 - AL ZORAH GOLF CLUB HONOURED WITH DEVELOPMENT OF THE YEAR NOMINATION
- FEBRUARY 3, 2016 - AL ZORAH WELCOMES OVER 150 STUDENTS ON ‘WORLD WETLANDS DAY’
- AL ZORAH MOVIE
- DECEMBER 9, 2015 - SHEIKH HUMAID BIN RASHID AL NUAIMI INAUGURATES NICKLAUS-DESIGN AL ZORAH GOLF CLUB
- DECEMBER 9, 2015 - AL ZORAH HOSTS MARINA EXPERTS
- NOVEMBER 19, 2015 - EUROPE'S RYDER CUP CAPTAIN, DARREN CLARKE, PLAYS AL ZORAH GOLF CLUB
- OCTOBER 25, 2015 - AJMAN RULER VISITS 540HA AL ZORAH DEVELOPMENT
- SEPTEMBER 8, 2015 - AL ZORAH UNVEILS TWO NEW EXCLUSIVE COMMUNITIES
- JULY 12, 2015 - AL ZORAH TO BRING AJMANI ARABIC F&B BRAND, THANANI, TO LIFE
- MAY 21, 2015 - HIGH-PROFILE LEBANESE TRADE DELEGATION TOURS AL ZORAH
- APRIL 7, 2015 - AL ZORAH’S PREMIUM GOLF VILLAS LAUNCHED
- MARCH 15, 2015 - AL ZORAH RECEIVES TOP ACCOLADE
- MARCH 3, 2015 - AL ZORAH INVESTS OVER AED 500 MILLION IN INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
- SEPTEMBER 20, 2014 - AL ZORAH, UAE’S PREMIER LIFESTYLE AND TOURISTIC DESTINATION HIGHLIGHTS LUXURIOUS ‘GOLF VILLAS’
- SEPTEMBER 16, 2014 - ‘LIVING COMES NATURALLY’
Ajman, UAE; 7 February, 2016: Al Zorah Golf Club, the newest championship course in the Middle East, has been recognised as one of the best new golf venues in the world after the Troon Golf facility was honoured with a Golf Inc. Development of the Year nomination this week.
As part of the 15th annual edition of the American magazine’s awards, Al Zorah Golf Club was one of five recently-opened courses from across the world that were selected on the basis of development vision, aesthetics, layout and sustainability. Created by Nicklaus Design, the golf club – located in Ajman just 25 minutes from Dubai International Airport – was placed alongside Bluejack National in Montgomery, Texas; Cabot Cliffs in Inverness, Nova Scotia, Canada; Cape Wickham Links in Tasmania, Australia; and Rockwind Community Links in City of Hobbs, New Mexico.
Managed by Troon Golf, the world-renowned leader in upscale golf course management, development and marketing, Al Zorah Golf Club has only been open to the public for two months and will now appear in the March/April issue of Golf Inc. magazine, where the five finalists will be ranked in order.
“We’re delighted to have been recognised for such a prestigious award and would like to thank everyone involved with the Al Zorah project to date,” said Philip Henderson, General Manager for Al Zorah Golf Club. “In particular, the management support from Troon Golf has been outstanding in every stage of the development process, while Nicklaus Design has done an unbelievable job in creating one of the most unique and world-class layouts around.
“In addition to the exceptional golf course conditioning, we’ve also benefitted from working with Solidere International and the Government of Ajman on the property management side of things,” added Henderson. “Under construction at the moment we have four state-of-the-art marinas, two world class 5-star hotel resorts and several golf living areas, which include stunning villas and town houses – so there’s plenty more to come in that respect.”
Meanwhile, Bruce Glasco, Chief Operating Officer, Managing Director, Troon International Division, commented: “There’s no doubting the world-class development at Al Zorah Golf Club, which really does offer golfers outstanding course conditioning and terrific value. We hope recognition like this is just the start of a long and fruitful journey for Al Zorah, and look forward to backing up its management team with the top class service that Troon Golf is renowned for.”
In selecting Al Zorah Golf Club for the Development of the Year accolade, Golf Inc.’s judging process took into account the impressive two-year construction project that involved 300 people, 300,000 cubic metres of sand and 1.5 km of boardwalks to cope with the signature incoming tides. The site is now home to more than two million square metres of mangroves, 58 bird species and marine life, including elegant pink flamingos, 12 km of waterfront and 1.6 km of sandy beaches.
In partnership with Troon Golf, Al Zorah Golf Club also impressed the judging panel with its dedication to providing the most pristine playing surface – a quality that has already made the venue a major favourite with expert media commentators. A course maintenance team of 40 has now been put into place to ensure an unmatched level of attention to detail right across the two million square metre area, for all 12 months of the year.
Troon Golf’s expertise was previously recognised by Golf Inc. in 2012 when Chairman and CEO Dana Garmany topped the magazine’s ‘The Most Powerful People in Golf’ rankings for a second consecutive year.
For membership enquiries or to book a round at Al Zorah Golf Club, contact Darren King on 800AZGOLF (domestic) or +971 6 70 14 783 (international) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Al Zorah Golf Club itself visit www.alzorahgolfclub.ae.
Media should contact Calum Forbes at Professional Sports Group on the telephone or email details below for further information, imagery and site visit requests.