The Emirate of AjmanA Free Zone and Freehold Area
The Government of Ajman has dedicated Al Zorah as a Free Zone and Freehold area as per the princely decree issued in 2008 by H.H. Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, the ruler of Ajman.
As a Free Zone, Al Zorah is governed by particular laws and regulations through which investors enjoy special incentives and privileges, including:
- 100% foreign (and/or local) ownership of businesses and companies.
- Rapid issuance of trade licenses.
- Issuance of necessary permits to practice all economic, professional, financial, touristic, cultural, social, entertainment, and sports activities within the project boundaries.
- Authorization to apply for entry and residency visas for companies operating within Al Zorah Free Zone and as per national regulations.
- Tax-free environment for companies and individuals, and exemptions from customs and certain fees and import or export taxes.
- Quick company incorporation and application for residencies, labor visas and permits.
- Hassle-free transaction processes.
- No restraints on the national origin of the capital (certain restrictions may apply).
In a Free Zone, investors can have full ownership of a business and company, which may fall under one of the following categories:
- Free Zone Establishment
- Free Zone Company
- Branch of a Local Company
- Branch of a Foreign Company
In a Freehold-designated area, foreigners have the right to full ownership of land parcels, buildings, building units (apartments, villas, etc), and to exploit them freely (trading, selling, renting) as per the regulations of the Emirate of Ajman.
With such a privileged legal status, Al Zorah is an ideal place to live, invest, establish and own businesses and properties, and set long-term life objectives.
January 31, 2018: Al Zorah launches Marina 1 to offer diverse hospitality and entertainment options
August 27, 2017: Al Zorah, Ajman is all set to host Kayak Tours through its natural mangroves and lagoons
April 25, 2017: Al Zorah announces the official opening of Marina 1 at Arabian Travel Market, 2017
October 6, 2016: Al Zorah inks agreement with The LifeCo to introduce the first wellness retreat in the GCC
September 4, 2016 - Al Zorah to showcase major development updates at Cityscape Global 2016
June 14, 2016 - Members of Emirates Youth Council hold ‘Youth Circles’ workshop in Al Zorah to drive entrepreneurship in the UAE
April 27, 2016 - High-profile Japanese delegation explores investment opportunities in Al Zorah
March 4, 2016 - Al Zorah in the spotlight at Ajman International Environment Conference 2016